Re: add_missing_from breaks existing views

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: add_missing_from breaks existing views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew,

> My suggestion was to set add_missing_from _in the output of pg_dump_ (or
> pg_restore) so that affected views would restore correctly. This would
> affect only the session in which the dump was restored. The changes that
> were already suggested (and since implemented, iiuc) would then make this
> unnecessary for future dumps/restores, and there would be no question of
> setting
> add_missing_from globally in the 8.1 database (unless the admin did that
> explicitly, themselves).

That sounds good if it works.  However ... will an add_missing_from view work
if add_missing_from is off in the session where the query is executed?   If
not, then I don't really find this  a solution.  In that case, it would be
better to supply a script that allows users to find add_missing_from
dependant views so they can fix them.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions