Enhancement Request : Expressions for format string in PlPgsql RAISE statement

От Laurent HERVE
Тема Enhancement Request : Expressions for format string in PlPgsql RAISE statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I don't know where to submit enhancement requests. So I'm doing there.

I have to send error messages in several languages within PlPgSQL code.
I would like RAISE to work like that :

RAISE EXCEPTION get_my_format_string(MY_ERR_NBR,USER_LANG),a,b,a+b/c;

where the get_my_format_string returns a format string understandable for
RAISE (like 'initial values = % and % result = %') for each valid combination
of MY_ERR_NBR (my application error number) and USER_LANG (the language in
which I would like the error string to be displayed). I think this would be
really useful to add international support to my PostgreSQL applications.

It seems the 8.1 RAISE statement does not provide such a possibility.

Regards,