Re: Function written in C, hangs on one machine and not another...

От CG
Тема Re: Function written in C, hangs on one machine and not another...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to the great suggestions I've at least gotten it to not hang...

Martijn's hint about blocking led me to open up those filehandles in a
non-blocking mode. It appears that write() will write, at a maximum, only 4096
bytes when it is called from within PostgreSQL. I've tried to push data into it
in <=4096-byte slugs, but after 4096 bytes it just won't take anymore. Since (I
think) using a non-blocking mode could cause problems with thread safety, it's
probably a lost cause.

I'm new to C, so this may seem extremely naive: I'm not sure how to use exec()
to solve this problem. Could you give me a few pointers to get me started?

http://farechase.yahoo.com