Re: pl/pgsql breakage in 8.1b4?

От Philip Yarra
Тема Re: pl/pgsql breakage in 8.1b4?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:37 pm, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> The function below fails for me similarly in 8.0.3 on execution.  8.1
> merely tells you at creation time.

Ah, good point... "works" for very small values of "works" then :-) My
mistake.

> Using bar and foo as both parameter names and the field names doesn't
> really work.

Fair enough. I was fooled because it works this way in Oracle (well, at any
rate, that's what's in the stored procs I'm porting) and it didn't fail at
create time in 8.0.3.

Without really wishing to volunteer myself: should plpgsql allow using
parameters with the same name as the columns being referred to within the
function, provided they're qualified as function_name.parameter?

Philip.

Utiba Pty Ltd
dangerous content by Utiba mail server and is
believed to be clean.