BUG #2004: SQL_COLUMN_AUTO_INCREMENT & SQL_DESC_AUTO_UNIQUE_VALUE not working

От Henning
Тема BUG #2004: SQL_COLUMN_AUTO_INCREMENT & SQL_DESC_AUTO_UNIQUE_VALUE not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2004
Logged by:          Henning
Email address:      andersen@modelcreator.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system:   Windows XP
not working
Details:

Hello,
I can't retrieve type information via ODBC about the type "SERIAL".

When creating a table with a column having the type SERIAL it is changed
into an int4 with a default value to a sequence as I understood it.
I can retrieve information about the type int4 and other attributes (using
SQLColumns) but I don't see how I can retrieve information about the
sequencing.

I tried to use the following:
SQLColAttributes with attribute: SQL_COLUMN_AUTO_INCREMENT
SQLColAttribute with attribute: SQL_DESC_AUTO_UNIQUE_VALUE

For a column in a table that I created as type SERIAL these return negative
result (meaning it is NOT a SERIAL column).
This is in my mind a bug in the odbc driver.

I'm using odbc driver: 8.00.00.04 dated January 17th 2005.

Thanks,
Henning