Re: How to get the value in the lastvalue field

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: How to get the value in the lastvalue field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 18:12:32 +0530,
  Venki <Venki@insoft.com> wrote:
>  Hi
> thanks for the replies. The situation is as follows. We get backups from the
> production server and update the local database in the local server but each
> time when we restore the database backup the sequence values are not getting
> updated properly. So what i thought was to write a function which will check
> the last value of the row in the table and compare it with the lastvalue of
> the sequnce and if it is not proper then update the lastvalue of the
> sequence to a proper value.
>
> I Hope that i have explained the situation properly. If you have any other
> suggestion it will be greatly helpful as we are new to postgres and might be
> doing something wrong when restoring the database.

If you are dumping and restoring by cluster or database, your sequences should
be having their values set upon restore. If you are just restoring indvidual
tables, than you need to adjust your process to also restore the sequence
values.