Re: vacuuming and manu updates

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: vacuuming and manu updates
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 21:12:55 +1000,
  kadil <ksadil@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a small table (100 rows) and I update its values every 8 seconds. This
> leads to poor performance until I vacuum. pg8.0 on w2000. Any suggestions on
> how often to vacuum or would I be better off doing delete and inserts for
> improved sustainable performance

How many rows do you update in this table every 8 seconds?

You might do a vacuum once a minute. However, if you are only updating a couple
of rows each pass, than every 5 minutes may be plenty.

Note that an update is effectively an insert and delete, so changing updates
to inserts and deletes isn't going to help performance.

Сообщение: Re: psql goes away in a flash
Сообщение: Re: psql goes away in a flash