Re: add_missing_from breaks existing views

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: add_missing_from breaks existing views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> After sleeping on it, I feel that we should probably just fix the code
> (to make the problem go away going forward) and document the possible
> need to turn on add_missing_from to load old dump files as an
> incompatibility.  We've had worse ones.

I'll agree with you here, for (1) reason: if we put this off for another
release, the situation's not going to get any better.   Eventually, for some
release, we need to break something, because we can't fix the past.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions