Re: Installation Problem

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Installation Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 08:59:17PM -0400, phil campaigne wrote:
> I can run ./configure but when I try to run make, the program cannot
> find a usable c compiler.
> I tried
> ./configure CC=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3/cc1
>
> but get the error: cannot run c compiled programs.

I think you need to point "gcc" not "cc1". The latter (AFAIK) won't
link things, it's just the compiler and so won't produce executables.

Maybe: /configure CC=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3/gcc

Incidently, on my Debian machine I have several compilers and they are
referred to as:

gcc-3.3
gcc-3.4
etc