Re: sort_mem statistics ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: sort_mem statistics ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Looking at the code, I notice that the messages are all emitted at level
> >> NOTICE.  Perhaps that was not such a good idea --- it'd be pretty much
> >> in-your-face if it were on all the time.  Does anyone think it'd be a
> >> good idea to emit the trace_sort messages at level LOG, instead?
>
> > If someone sets trace_sort, does it matter what level its emit'd at?
>
> Well, yeah.  It depends whether you are thinking of the trace feature as
> being used interactively, or as something turned on to gather data over
> time in a production installation.  In the second case you'd want the
> info to go to the postmaster log, but not want to see it dumped on your
> terminal all the time ...

I think it should go to the logs, hence LOG.  Right now it just scrolls
off my screen:
test=> select * from pg_class order by relname;NOTICE:  begin tuple sort: nkeys = 1, workMem = 1024, randomAccess =
tNOTICE: performsort starting: CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 secNOTICE:  performsort done: CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec
elapsed0.00 secNOTICE:  sort ended: CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec              relname              |
relnamespace| reltype | relowner |relam | relfilenode | reltablespace | relpages | reltuples | reltoastrelid |
reltoastidxid| relhasindex | relisshared |relkind | relnatts | relchecks | reltriggers | relukeys | relf...

Pennsylvania19073