Re: Transaction IDs not the same in same transaction?

От Christian Kratzer
Тема Re: Transaction IDs not the same in same transaction?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Steve V wrote:

> On 10/22/05, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
[snipp]
> I'm using this for an auditing script, and want to use the txn ID to
> indicate an atomic set of changes(the pg txn ID is mapped to my own
> txn ID to avoid wraparound issues). I would rather not use xmin, as it
> is not available directly in any of the triggers(as far as I know). So
> I would have to construct select statements on the fly, and I would
> rather not do that. I'm open to suggestions though.

we use a touple of (now(),session_backend_pid()) in our logging triggers
to identify stuff done in the same transaction.

now() will be frozen during the transaction and session_backend_pid()
disambuguates this for cases where two transaction could have the
same start time.

Greetings
Christian

--