Re: Query Progress Estimator

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Query Progress Estimator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 02:04:02AM +0530, Anuj Tripathi wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to implement Query Progress estimator in postgres for
> queries with long run time.I am looking for info regarding the number of
> tuples already processsed by a running query .
> I would be very thankful if someone can suggest where can i find it or
> the data structure that holds the value.

Currently, that information is only tracked on a per-node level in an
EXPLAIN ANALYZE query. And the total number of tuples output so far is
stored in a local variable in ExecutePlan(), so you're have to change
something if you want to get it everywhere...

>       Right now I am exploring postgres using ddd ( debugger ).Can
> anyone suggest a better utility /editor/tool for exploring the same in a
> better way ?

Can't help you there, I generally use a combination of grep, less, joe
and gdb but I'm not sure I would recommend that to anyone...

Have a nice day,

Сообщение: Re: Question about Ctrl-C and less
Сообщение: Re: Question about Ctrl-C and less