Re: Seeing context switch storm with 10/13 snapshot of

От Robert Creager
Тема Re: Seeing context switch storm with 10/13 snapshot of
Дата
Re: Seeing context switch storm with 10/13 snapshot of  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:19:18 +0100
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Try this to recreate the problem:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2004-04/msg00280.php

Yup, that does it.  Three hits the level I see with my application ~100k.  Two
hits about 50k, one does nothing (< 1k).

Interesting.  7.4.1 is worse for this test, as two jump up to 130k.  But, my app
runs fine against 7.4.1...

Would it still be helpful to try and pull together a test case from my app
against 8.1beta3?  I have not worked on it, and don't know when I'd get time to
(since I have a work around).

Cheers,
Rob