Re: libpq's pollution of application namespace

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: libpq's pollution of application namespace
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 06:20:37PM +0800, William ZHANG wrote:
> I think it is a good idea to make the exported symbols clearer.
> We should only export the symbols needed. The
> output of "dlltool --export-all" is too big.
> AFAIK, we can generate *.def for Win32/MSVC++
> from a text file  like this.
>     PQclear
>     PQfn
>     FooGlobalData DATA

AIUI, we *do* limit the symbols for Windows (for libpq anyway, see
exports.txt file) we just don't for UNIX since it can't be done
portably. I posted a patch to -patches which does it for Linux and in
principle any platform using GCC but there's no consensus on whether we
should do it if it can't be done for everyone in a simple way.

Have a nice day,