Re: A costing analysis tool

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: A costing analysis tool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin,

> This would require capture of information beyond what I was thinking
> about in terms of schema.  Do you think we need to capture just index
> type, or something more?  Do you propose that we capture the pg_*
> metadata related to every object referenced in the plan, every object
> related to every table in the query, or everything in the entire
> database?

Not right away.  However, having collected the info in the first place
would give us the option of duping a copy of the system tables so that we
could mine them for more information.

Also, for our test harness, we will have pre-programmed object information
for the objects we use.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus