Re: 2nd try @NetBSD/2.0 Alpha

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: 2nd try @NetBSD/2.0 Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 10:07:26PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> >...or attach with a debugger like gdb.
>
> d'oh.  I go stupid occasionally :)
>
> If someone wants me to, I can try that.

Yes, actually. See, its dying in the seg test already with:
 -- Open intervals SELECT '0..'::seg AS seg;
! ERROR:  floating-point exception
! DETAIL:  An invalid floating-point operation was signaled. This
probably means an out-of-range result or an invalid operation, s
uch as division by zero. SELECT '0...'::seg AS seg;
! ERROR:  floating-point exception
! DETAIL:  An invalid floating-point operation was signaled. This
probably means an out-of-range result or an invalid operation, s
uch as division by zero.

You need to attach a debugger to find out where that error is actually
happenening. Just startup the backend, connect to it and connect gdb to
the newly spawned backend and just run that query by hand. Then you
should get the backtrace at SIGFPE.

Have a nice day,