Re: BUG #1971: Start Transaction is giving Errors !!!

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #1971: Start Transaction is giving Errors !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Yogaraj. C wrote:

>    When I was executing the procedure (with Transaction), postgres will
> producing the following error.
>
> ERROR:  SPI_prepare() failed on "START TRANSACTION"
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "sp_example1" line 4 at SQL statement
>
>    If anyone know the solution for this, pleas help me.

NOTABUG.  You are not allowed to use transaction commands using SPI,
which in particular means PL/pgSQL.  Use the EXCEPTION clause if you
need a savepoint-like feature.  Note that you can't close the
transaction that started the function.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34
"El sudor es la mejor cura para un pensamiento enfermo" (Bardia)