Re: A costing analysis tool

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: A costing analysis tool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 05:14:43PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 05:39:32PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > That said, there's certainly overlap between your effort and
> > what I'm going to be developing.  Do you have anything from
> > your work which might save me some time?
>
> Not really. I got stuck in the query design phase. I didn't even
> generate any tables :(
>
> > There's a chance that I may be able to talk my client into
> > putting a web app guy on this for a few days to make it pretty.
>
> You misunderstand. I don't think a pretty website is seriously needed.
> Just a consistant output format with the results in a tarball complete
> with information about the system itself that people can upload. Then
> anyone can download a few and combine them as they want. Just an ftp
> server, maybe gforge or whatever.

Well, it would be best if inbound results ended up in a database that
people could query against. That would make it very easy for people to
look for results they're interested in. Of course that doesn't preclude
making the raw results available too.

BTW, this is something I'm also very interested in.