Re: Planner regression in 8.0.x: WORKAROUND

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Planner regression in 8.0.x: WORKAROUND
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I stand corrected; I read through the example too quickly.

As I said, explain analyze would show what the difference is between the
two queries. I suspect that the planner doesn't know these are
equivalent, because in the general case of selecting more than just TRUE
they wouldn't be.

No idea why this is different from 7.4.8, but a lot of code has changed
in that timespan.

In any case, you're more likely to get help from a developer if you post
the full query, and EXPLAIN ANALYZE for each case. Please include any
view definitions as well.