Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 03:51:15PM +0000, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> I definately do not recall catching any additional errors at
> compile time as part of the switch to 8.

8.0's syntax checking is minimal; 8.1's will be better.  Also, you
might not even have plpgsql's lanvalidator function if you restored
from an earlier version.  What's the result of the following query?

SELECT * FROM pg_language WHERE lanname = 'plpgsql';

If lanvalidator is 0 then you won't get even the minimal syntax
checks.  8.1 will avoid this problem by creating languages based
on entries in a template table (pg_pltemplate).

--
Michael Fuhr