Re: Open items

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oh, let me add that this release has gone very smoothly.  We are right
on schedule in release timing.  I sometimes think the beta period is not
as productive as the development period, but going through it, I am
always reminded how much more polished our final product is because of
the hard work we do during the beta period --- it isn't exciting, but it
is very valuable.

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Here are the open items.  The only big one left is the handling of a
> foreign key problem we have had for a while.  We also have issues with
> MSVC builds crashing and pg_config --pgxs on Win32 but they are being
> actively discussed.  I also have a dblink patch on hold.
>
> I think it is time to start looking at the finalizing stages.  I am
> thinking I should run pgindent tonight, US Eastern time.  I am heading
> to EuroOSCON in Amsterdam on Saturday night and return on Thursday.  We
> should also start compiling the ports list.  Who is doing that?  Are the
> manual pages ready to be built?  Has the interactive documentation been
> scanned and merged into the SGML?  Are the error message translations
> being worked on?  Completion date?

>                                PostgreSQL 8.1 Open Items
>                                =========================
>
> Current version at http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgopenitems or
> from http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta.
>
> Bugs
> ----
> fix foreign trigger timing issue
>
> Questions
> ---------
> cosider O_SYNC as default when O_DIRECT exists
> /contrib move to pgfoundry
> pgindent?
> make sure bitmap scan optimizer settings are reasonable
>
> Documentation
> scan interactive documentation
> ports list
> manual pages