Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 02:53:09PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> > I do have a workaround in place that makes it work for me now. I do
> > $(dir $(subst \\,/,xxx)) and that works fine but given that the targeted
> > platform for pgxs on Win32 is MinGW, perhaps it should output forward
> > slashes anyway.
>
> I've already applied that change.  Your gripe was pretty much exactly
> what I was afraid we'd hear, namely that the double-backslash output
> would break cases that used to work.  I think we should stick with the
> forward slash output, since that's what we know has been working in the
> 8.0 branch.

Besides, Windows has accepted the forward slash as directory seperator
all the way since DOS 2.0 when directories were introduced. The only
reason they sometimes don't work as expected is because it's also the
option indicator :(.

Presumably things break when commands read /path as an option rather
than a path. Hopefully they're smart enough to realize c:/path does not
actually contain an option but is just a path. Presumably that's
fixable some other way?