Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share scope

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share scope
Дата
Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share scope  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share  ("Karl O. Pinc" <kop@meme.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> On 10/12/2005 10:32:20 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>    We tend to follow the C conventions, so perhaps we
> > should
> > throw a warning, but I can't think of any cases where we throw a
> > warning
> > in plpgsql because we compile it once on first call.
> >
> > I am thinking this falls in the "don't do that" category.
>
> Fair enough.  At the same time it sure would be nice if
> plpgsql actually compiled (and parsed SQL) at
> function definition time, even when the result is thrown away.
> I'm building a big system and it's quite annoying
> to get syntax errors, IIRC,
> in code months after writing it, just because it took
> me that long to get around to exercising a particular
> IF statement.

8.0 has this improvement:

     * Do minimal syntax checking of PL/pgSQL functions at creation time (Tom)
       This allows us to catch simple syntax errors sooner.

I assume you are running an earlier version of PostgreSQL.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #1958: Postmaster doesn't close open file handles on startup
Сообщение: Re: BUG #1958: Postmaster doesn't close open file handles on