Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share scope

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #1956: Plpgsql top-level DECLARE does not share scope
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Interesting. If I define this in C:

    int x(int y)
    {
        char *y;
    }

I get a warning:

    x.c: In function `x':
    x.c:3: warning: declaration of `y' shadows a parameter

but no error.  We tend to follow the C conventions, so perhaps we should
throw a warning, but I can't think of any cases where we throw a warning
in plpgsql because we compile it once on first call.

I am thinking this falls in the "don't do that" category.