Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]

От Neil Dugan
Тема Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]
Дата
Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 06 October 2005 08:34, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 04:14:03PM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 09:49:06PM +1000, Neil Dugan wrote:
> > > If I was to develop a 'C' project that only used the libpg.so library
> > > and the rest was my own stuff would I need to preserve the copyright to
> > > somehow?
> >
> > Yes, because libpg.so is licensed under the BSD license.  Note that
> > you can do this in a COPYRIGHT file.  It just has to be "in all
> > copies", whatever that means.
>
> AFAIK, this would only apply if he was actually distributing libpq.so,
> which would be a bad thing for technical reasons anyway.

I thought it would only be needed if you where distributing the source for
Postgresql.

Does the copyright get distributed with the binary Debian packages?
I haven't been able to find it on my Linux box.

If it is, I would probably have to put a chapter explaining that it only
applies to the libpq.so part of the executable.