Re: Automatically opening pdf files stored in a bytea

От
Тема Re: Automatically opening pdf files stored in a bytea
Дата
Список pgsql-php
--- Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> At 06:58 AM 10/11/05, Adam Witney wrote:
> >I have PDF files stored in a bytea field in the
> database and I want to all
> >the user to click a link on the web page and have
> the file automatically
> >opened in acrobat (or whatever they have set to
> read the pdf). It works for
> >most browsers except for in Internet Explorer on
> windows (surprise
> >surprise!). Here is my code
> >
> >          header("Content-type: application/pdf");
> >          header('Content-Disposition: attachment;
> > filename="'.$data['filename'].'"');
>

> Here's mine...
>          if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) &&
>
> strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],'MSIE'))
>                  header('Content-Type:
> application/force-download');
>          else
>                  header('Content-Type:
> application/octet-stream');
>          header('Content-Length:
> '.strlen($this->buffer));
>          header('Content-disposition: attachment;
> filename="'.$name.'"');
>

> But on a some systems (both Win98 & WinXP), user
> must save/open instead of
> open directly - haven't figured out why yet.

i have had very good success storing links to pdf
files in the database and storing the actual files in
the locations pointed to by the link.

my application is work instructions - i have a naming
convention that i use so once you know the part
number, you know the name of the pdf if it exists.

i have two types of pdf documents and a name prefix
differentiates them from each other.

both firefox and ie will open these pdfs as expected.

if this approach makes sense for your application, you
may want to try it.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: