Re: Need A Suggestion

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Need A Suggestion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 03:40:43PM -0400, Lane Van Ingen wrote:
> I am working on the development of a military application which uses
> PostgreSQL trigger functions. I cannot (unfortunately) tell you
> specify use, being as it is classified.
>
> What I need the ability to occasionally call (execute) a .exe
> program object outside of the database from within the function
> (either during or at the end of the function would be acceptable),
> giving an explicit path and command line parameters.

You may be able to use the LISTEN/NOTIFY structure described below
instead of a trigger.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-notify.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-notify.html
http://blackhawk.supernews.net/listen.pl.txt

> It is understood that in doing such the call will need to be brief
> in order to avoid slowing up PostgreSQL in any way. Can anybody make
> a suggestion as to how to do that, or inform me if there is a way to
> do thisa lready?
>
> I have already consulted to other mailing lists for help, with no
> results. I am a Windows 2003 user, version 8.0.1

You might want to upgrade to 8.0.4 :)

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!