Re: Feedback from LinuxWorld, London

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Feedback from LinuxWorld, London
Дата
Re: Feedback from LinuxWorld, London
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, David Fetter wrote:

> In this case, it might be easier to make a writeable VIEW with two
> tables underneath and an appropriate call to ARRAY() and maybe to
> array_to_string()

Is there any work being done on UPDATEABLE VIEWs?  I found, at one point,
a 'work around' for it, but just wondering if there is any work being done
on a more 'native' method ...

>> That was actually the context of the enum discussion.  I threw enum
>> out as an example and everyone latched onto it, missing the overall
>> point of trying to improve migration from MySQL.
>
> I didn't :)

I did, only as an example ... the question, on my part, being how many
things could we 'mask', not so much focusing on enum itself :)

----

Сообщение: Re: Feedback from LinuxWorld, London
Сообщение: Re: Feedback from LinuxWorld, London