Re: Oracle buys Innobase

От CSN
Тема Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Re: Oracle buys Innobase  (Brent Wood <b.wood@niwa.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-general
Look what somebody suggested!

If the worst happens and Oracle tries to squash
InnoDB, there may already be such an alternative out
there.

I wonder what it would take to add (and optimize)
Postgres storage engine support to MySQL? I don't know
exactly how current versions of MySQL and Postgres
maesure up performance-wise, but PgSQL seems to have
made steady progress on performance improvements.

Maybe this is a crazy idea, I don't know how
technically or legally feasible it is, but I really
like the idea of the two open-source communities
uniting to battle Oracle.

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/005490.html#comment-21233

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs