Re: Issue is changing _bt_compare function and

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Issue is changing _bt_compare function and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
sandeep satpal wrote:

> The _bt_compare function in "nbtree.c" file calls "FunctionCall2" and it
> passes two arguments , one is the scankey which we want to search on and
> other  key is on current b-tree node.
>
> My problem is I want to pass three parameter and the third argument will
> be used for taking decision during comparision that whether I want
> case-sensitive comparision or case-insensitive.

This is certainly the wrong layer to be making these changes.  Have you
considered using the citext type?  If it doesn't suit you, you could use
it as a foundation for developing your own.

What you need to change is the function stored in the scankey.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34
Voy a acabar con todos los humanos / con los humanos yo acabaré