Re: pg_dump option to dump only functions

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pg_dump option to dump only functions
Дата
Re: pg_dump option to dump only functions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Sean,

> I was wonderring, because I create a lot of server side utility functions,
> whether adding an option to pg_dump to just dump functions has been
> considered. I did a quick perusal of the code, and noted that there is a
> separate section within pg_dump to get the functions, but it is not able to
> be triggered separately from schema and data. Any reason why this wouldn't
> be a good(tm) idea?

It would be an *excellent* idea, along with options to dump specific
functions, and both specific and all views/types/operators.  Go for it.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions