Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 03:32:00PM +0400, Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
> http://chernowiki.ru/Dev/PostgreSQLComparedWithSQL2003AndOracleSQLServerDB2Etc
>
> Perhaps I'm wrong with some issues - any comments are welcome.

The only thing I can comment on is updatable views. You can make
updatable views using RULEs. The only thing is that they're not
*automatically* updateable.

In theory, if someone came up will a program that from given <view
definition> produced the appropriate INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rules,
it might be incorporated. Currently you just have to do it manually...

Case-insensetive text comparisons can be acheived using the citext
module on gborg.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/citext/projdisplay.php

Have a nice day,

Вложения