Re: [GENERAL] Oracle buys Innobase

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 03:02:57PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> What is our vulnerability?  Oracle offering big-money jobs to PostgreSQL
> developers.  I think that is our only weakness, unless they buy Marc
> (Marc, are you for sale? :-) ) and own the domains and trademark.

That strikes me as a good reason to get the trademarks out from any
one person's control.  While I certainly trust Marc not to abuse
them, nothing is safer than institutional protection.  In the
unlikely event that Marc was unable to defend the things he holds in
trust for the community, some agent could determine that the best
settlement could be achieved by selling the "asset" to someone.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Oracle buys Innobase
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Oracle buys Innobase