Re: Some spinlock patch tests

От Emil Briggs
Тема Re: Some spinlock patch tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Emil Briggs <emil@baymountain.com> writes:
> > I was testing the spinlock patches that Tom Lane posted last month
> > on a quad opteron system running Suse 9.2 for x86_64.
>
> Exactly which patch is this, and against what base version of Postgres?
> Also, what's the hardware (no, "x86_64" isn't specific enough)?

It's the patch referenced here
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-09/msg00566.php
from the thread titled "Spinlocks, yet again: analysis and proposed patches"
I applied all the pieces of the patch against v8.0.4. The hardware is a
Celestica A8440 with 4 2Ghz Opterons and 16Gbytes of RAM.