Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 11:42:57PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just got back from LinuxWorld in London and seeing this thread
> thought I would share my experience of the MySQL stand - if you are
> of a delicate dispostion, please look away now.  I basically asked
> them straight up why I should use MySQL instead of PostgreSQL and
> was quite surprised by the result, mainly since it was not done on
> features but more on FUD.  The basic message was this:

[FUD elided]

Did you happen to get names and quotes for any of these?  As in, "On
October 1, 2005, at LinuxWorld London, Foo McBar said, ' ... '"

One way to keep the FUD to a minimum is to hold the FUDster personally
responsible for it.

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!