Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 05:34:25PM -0500, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > Yes, because libpg.so is licensed under the BSD license.  Note that
> > you can do this in a COPYRIGHT file.  It just has to be "in all
> > copies", whatever that means.
>
> AFAIK, this would only apply if he was actually distributing libpq.so,
> which would be a bad thing for technical reasons anyway.

Well, yes, except I suppose I sort of thought it was going to be
linked statically or something -- how do you rely on your users
having the library installed?  But now that I think about it, I
suppose this is really a question prompted by TheirDB's decision to
understand "derivative program" in a mighty extended way.  I seem to
be echoing Emily a lot these days.  "Never mind."

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
        --George Orwell