Two small patches to improve dbf2pg

От Martin Pitt
Тема Two small patches to improve dbf2pg
Дата
Re: Two small patches to improve dbf2pg  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi PostgreSQL developers!

A long time ago some Debian user sent me two patches to improve the
dbf2pg conversion tool (in contrib). These are applied in the Debian
packages for quite a while now without any problems. I forwarded them
here some time ago already, but just let's try again. :-)

The first patch (52-contrib-dbf2pg-errorcheck.patch) improves error
checking. It checks the result status of PQexec() for the cases that
it returns a reply (i.  e. not NULL) which indicates an error.

The second patch (53-contrib-dbf2pg-textfield.patch) adds support for
dBase's "M" field which translates to PostgreSQL's "text" data type.

They are not Debian specific in any way and probably useful for all
other users, too. Can you please consider applying them upstream?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

--=20
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?