Re: Dump all except some tables?

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: Dump all except some tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
am  06.10.2005, um 13:59:44 +0300 mailte WireSpot folgendes:
> Is it possible to dump an entire database but to skip one or two tables? Or,
> conversely, to restore an entire dump except for one or two tables?
> (Although I'd prefer the first version.)
>
> The only related option for both pg_dump and pg_restore is --table, which
> only takes 1 (one) table name. If only it accepted more than one I could've
> found a workaround.

You can use the -t more than once.

pg_dump -U foobar database -t foo -t foo1

> I'm considering doing a dump with --table for each table except the one or
> two in question. But I wonder, if I simply concatenate the resulting SQL
> dumps, will I get a valid dump? There are all kinds of foreign key

I'm not sure, perhaps if you dump with --data-only every table.

> contraints in place, and if the table data is not fed back in the right
> order it's useless.

Right.

You can do a dump from all tables and after restore all the tables you
can delete the one or two tables.

Other way:

pg_restore with '--use-list=list-file'. You can create a list of
contents of the archive and edit this list. (pg_restore --list)

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639