Re: Trouble with conections between php and postgre

От Daniel Walters
Тема Re: Trouble with conections between php and postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-php
The lock is caused by PHP the page running the queries locking the user's
SESSION file. The php script execution suspends when running each query so
the lock remains. Subsequent page requests will all pause at
session_start(); while waiting for the lock to be removed.

A session_write_close(); (call it before any db_query is run) can be of
assistance because it writes out the session file and thus no lock will be
kept. The problem is that this will send a cookie header to the client.
Multiple calls send further cookie headers :( IE will die with an unhelpful
error page if it receives around 25 of these headers...

What they really need to implement is a session_pause() and
session_restart(). This has been suggested before and there was even
documentation for these functions but it never made it into a PHP as far I
was aware and the documentation has since been removed from more recent PHP
documentation.

A more permanent way around this might be to use a database to hold the
sessions so you are not subject to the file-locking limitations.
Alternatively you could overide the file based session handling with your
own implementation and choose to discard session data from pages if a more
recent page has tried to access the session.

Regards,

Daniel Walters