Re: effective SELECT from child tables

От mark@mark.mielke.cc
Тема Re: effective SELECT from child tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
If one defines a restriction such that 'COLUMN = VALUE' for a specific
table, in a theoretical sort of model that completely ignores
implementation difficulty, or changes to the restriction, I think it
would be safe to not store COLUMN in the tuple. If the tuple is
stored, then COLUMN = VALUE, so when fetched, the value will be VALUE.

Back to the real world, this would be difficult to implement without
treating the column special from the point of table creation, and
preventing the restriction from being altered without re-building
the table... :-)

Cheers,
mark

--
mark@mielke.cc / markm@ncf.ca / markm@nortel.com     __________________________
 One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all                      and in the darkness
bindthem...

                          http://mark.mielke.cc/

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: External Sort timing debug statements
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: effective SELECT from child tables