Re: Socket problem using beta2 on Windows-XP

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Socket problem using beta2 on Windows-XP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 12:20:05PM +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I added some traces to the code. I know that the following happens when
> I start a postmaster.

<snip>

> In the second iteration of ServerLoop, pgstat_forkexec will again call
> will call internal_fork_exec. This time it fails.
> According to the log it fails on line:
>
>    write_inheritable_socket(¶m->pgStatSock, pgStatSock, childPid);

Well, pgStatSock is the only SOCK_DGRAM socket, all the others are
SOCK_STREAM, maybe that's the difference? It's also connected to
itself, although for DGRAM sockets that's not that special.

The documentation isn't totally clear about this. Yet the error thrown
should terminate the process, yet it obviously isn't. Very odd.

Any Windows programmers with ideas?