Re: On Logging

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: On Logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 06:24:17PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> How would per-backend logging work?

I'd suggest having settings for a per-backend 'debug' logging mode that
could be triggered either via a SQL command or a signal to the backend.
It would be useful to be able to log this to a seperate area, based
either on PID or some identifier passed to the sql command. I think this
would cover two use cases:

long-running process that's on one back-end that you want info on (send
signal to that backend)

something using a connection pool. You'd have some one to tell the
application to enable logging based on some set of conditions. When
those conditions were met, logging would be turned on. When a connection
is first grabbed from the connection pool, logging would be forced to
off in case it had been turned on by a previous process (which might
have just disconnected suddenly).

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] A Better External Sort?
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] A Better External Sort?