Re: "expected authentication request from server, but

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: "expected authentication request from server, but
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:28:48AM +0200, Michal Jeczalik wrote:

> Heh, that's what I'm currently doing, but it's not so easy to compile 6.4
> on a new system. configure states that the compiler cannot create
> executables, but I ripped this check out of it. Anyway, something goes
> wrong while generating the Makefile:
>
> sed: file conftest.s1 line 33: unterminated `s' command

I bet this is the multiline gcc --version.  You could try wrapping gcc
with a script that returns a single line --version.  (Or maybe using an
older gcc release.)

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org
"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)