Re: Data Entry Tool for PostgreSQL

От Brent Wood
Тема Re: Data Entry Tool for PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Data Entry Tool for PostgreSQL  (Mike Nolan <nolan@gw.tssi.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Ian Overton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a web application using PHP, Linux and PostgreSQL.  We need a
> simple data entry tool to allow non-IT people to edit data in our database
> through a web-browser.  Are there any free or commercial data management
> tools out there, not database management tools like pgAdmin.

I would have thought a php appliction would be able to this fairly
easily. My data entry scripts insert the new records with just a primary
key, then iterate through the various fields using an update sql for each
one which is not null.

This sort of approach coul easily be used to populate an on-screen table
using php, then update any changed fields as required.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood