Re: \x output blowing up

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: \x output blowing up
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Well, it seems we are going to have to fix it somehow for 8.1.  It is
not crashing here so I can't work up a patch.  Can you submit a minimal
fix for 8.1?  Thanks.

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 11:45:08PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On CVS tip, whenever I do \x output, it dies with an internal error in
> > glibc on free. If you run it under valgrind, it complains about these
> > lines of code:
>
> <snip>
>
> Ok, I worked out the direct cause, pg_wcswidth only returns the length
> upto the first newline and the line it breaks on is the multiline
> definition in "_pg_expandarray".
>
> The quick fix should be to only allocate memory if it's going to call
> format_numeric_locale(), since then you know it's a number. It makes
> the code slightly more convoluated but it should be slightly more
> efficient.
>
> I actually have a working psql that handles and displays newlines
> properly, but it's too late for 8.1. It fixes all these issues
> properly.
>
> Have a nice day,
> --
> Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> > Patent. n. Genius is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. A patent is a
> > tool for doing 5% of the work and then sitting around waiting for someone
> > else to do the other 95% so you can sue them.
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!

Pennsylvania19073

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Discarding relations from FSM
Сообщение: Re: Discarding relations from FSM