Re: COPY - permission denied

От John Seberg
Тема Re: COPY - permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> John Seberg <johnseberg@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I have used the COPY command dozens of times! I
> think
> > I *get* it. But, I'm getting "permission denied"
> > errors.
>
> > This is a fresh install of Fedora Core 4 (x86). I
> have
> > Postgresql running under the user postgres. I am
> > logged into to psql as postgres. The files are
> owned
> > by postgres and are -rw-------. They are being
> found -
> > it isn't a "file not found" error.
>
> Do you have SELinux running in enforcement mode?  If
> so, it's likely
> denying the server the privilege to read or write
> anywhere outside
> /var/lib/pgsql.  Check for messages about this in
> /var/log/messages.

I turned off SELinux, and that seemed to do it.
Thanks, I would have never thought of that.

The thing is - I had *tried* having the files in
/var/lib/pgsql (also /var/lib/pgsql/migrate). Maybe
they have to be in /var/lib/pgsql/data? I'm sure
ownership/rights were correct.

I'm going to rebuild this server for other reasons,
anyway, so, I'll find out, then...

Thanks again.