Re: Questions about Rollback - after insert, update,

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Questions about Rollback - after insert, update,
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 13:19:34 +0200,
  Yonatan Ben-Nes <da@canaan.co.il> wrote:

> You can add to that list the command TRUNCATE though it can be rollback
> its not useful in cases where the truncated data should continue to be
> accessed till the transaction be commited.

I think that is a different issue. This is a problem in that truncate takes
an exclusive lock on the table which might block other things going on
in the database. It could still be useful to rollback a table truncated
in error.