Re: How to determine cause of performance problem?

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: How to determine cause of performance problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 08:49:27AM +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>3. Can I anyhow improve the performance without replacing my hardware,
>e.g. by tweaking the software?

It's not clear what your object id generator does. If it's just a
sequence, it's not clear that you need this program at all--just use a
SELECT INTO and make the object id a SERIAL.

If you do need to control the object id or do some other processing
before putting the data into the new table, rewrite to use a COPY
instead of an INSERT.

Mike Stone