Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonah,

> Tom, Bruce, Simon, Alvaro, Josh, et al., have you guys used the patch?
> If so, what comments do you have as to what you'd like to see.

Unfortunately, yes I have. I had to help several users who got burned by
it: the patch was buggy as all-get out.  For example, it wouldn't access
TOAST tables, so any TEXT fields larger than 500chars got cut off; and
wouldn't support user-added data types or domains.  (This was a year ago,
so maybe Evgen fixed these things)

So it's really nice of Evgen to re-license, but the license was *not* the
primary thing blocking acceptance of the patch.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...
Сообщение: Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...