Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum

От CSN
Тема Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-09/msg00809.php

> > I setup a unique index using the title, yield, and
> > directions fields. Some inserts are causing this
> > error:
> >
> > DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  index row size
> > 2832 exceeds btree maximum, 2713
> > CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into stuff (title,
> > yield, directions) values ( $1 ,  $2 ,  $3 )"
> >
> > What do I do?
>
> Don't insert such big values?  :)
>
> Actually, the standard solution is to use an md5 of
> the three fields:
>
> create unique index threefieldindex on table1
> (md5(field1||field2||field3));

Ah, cool! Looks like using tsearch2 would be another
option, but I don't plan on searching through the
yield or directions fields (except at insert time).

http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/archives/2005/08/05/postgresql-index-limitation-index-row-size-xxxxx-exceeds-btree-maximum-2713/

CSN